It’s crucial to wear headgear while sparring, whether it’s in boxing or MMA, to prevent cuts and bruises to your face. Even though it’s considerably less frequent, cuts, scratches, bruises, and swelling can still occur while wearing headgear, but the intensity will greatly reduce.
If you’re new to boxing, you’ll frequently want to choose inexpensive headgear rather than expensive headgear from a top brand. The companies on this list may not be as well known, but their products are decent and have received favorable ratings.
This list of the top 10 most cheap boxing headgear under $100 has been compiled so you can protect your face without breaking the bank, whether you’re training at home or at the gym. To find the ideal cheapest boxing headgear for you, scroll down.
Our Top Picks For The Top 10 Cheap Boxing Headgears
- Best Overall: Sanabul Essential Boxing MMA Kickboxing Head Gear
- Best for Beginners: SANJOIN One Size Fits All Head Guard
- Best for Professionals: Contender Fight Sports Competition Boxing Muay Thai MMA Sparring Headgear with Cheeks
- Best for Budget: EMRAH Boxing Sparring Kickboxing Headgear
- Best for Quality: MaxxMMA Boxing Headgear
- Best for Overall Protection: Elite Sports Boxing MMA Sparring Kickboxing Headgear
- Best for Training: UFC Synthetic Leather Training Boxing Head Gear
- Best for Nose Protection: RDX Removable Face Grill Boxing MMA Muay Thai Headgear
- Best for Durability: Ringside Competition-Like Boxing Headgear with Cheeks
- Best for Kids: Rex Kids Headgear for Boxing
Detailed Reviews Of The Top 10 Cheap Boxing Headgears Under $100
Best Overall: Sanabul Essential Boxing MMA Kickboxing Head Gear
All of the fundamental requirements for head protection are provided by the Sanabul Essential Headgear. When it soaks up those shots you did not anticipate, you will undoubtedly be thankful for wearing it because the vision is excellent and the protection is the most absorbent.
It comes with cheek and chin protection, and it has a stylish, light-weight style. It is offered in a variety of hues. Considering how inexpensive this headgear is, you'll be saving a significant sum. You will be protected by this headgear, and that is all that counts.
In the ring, the headgear facilitates quick reflexes and fluid movement. Overall, if a boxer is searching for high-quality, fashionable, and safe headgear, this is a great option.
- Reasonable defense for the most delicate facial parts
- Very light-weight design
- May struggle to stay in place
Best for Beginners: SANJOIN One Size Fits All Head Guard
The Sanjoin Headgear serves to lessen the harmful effects of head collisions which are an intrinsic part of the sport. It will protect your head and face, thanks to its dura-impact shock-absorbing technology incorporated with cushioning.
The best shock absorption is provided by the double density foam sparring that protects your chin and cheeks. The cheek protectors increase your visibility and maximize safety. The sweat- and water-resistance offers optimum comfort.
The height and size of the Sanjoin Headgear is adjustable and can suit a variety of head sizes. It is made of high-grade material and is lightweight and robust. It is also easier to maintain and clean.
With curved cheek guards to help shield the face, a smooth contoured shape, and a loop and hook closing system, this BJJ headgear is very safe and comfortable.
- Lightweight and protective
- Easy to use
- Might not be a great fit for everyone
Best for Professionals: Contender Fight Sports Competition Boxing Muay Thai MMA Sparring Headgear with Cheeks
The Contender Fight Sports Boxing Headgear is without a doubt one of your top selections if you plan to compete in boxing or currently do. In order to make this headgear your ally throughout your fight in terms of vision and protection, Contender did some incredible work on it.
With a tight fit that won't slip and a premium finish, it will undoubtedly keep you safe during a boxing fight. It is perfect for competition-related uses. You won't have to change this headgear even once while your opponents are busy adjusting their headgear while fighting you. In general, this headgear is ideal for anyone searching for something competition ready yet affordable.
- Boxing competition approved
- Not very durable
Best for Budget: EMRAH Boxing Sparring Kickboxing Headgear
The EMRAH Boxing Headgear offers outstanding value for money at a price point of $24. This headgear is convenient for an athlete who wants it all and is comfy. It is perfect for boxing, sparring, Muay Thai, and kickboxing. With a focus on safety and performance, this headgear is made to fulfill the needs of both boxers and other martial artists.
It's important to note that despite its low cost, this headgear is constructed for your complete comfort and has a simple, practical fit. This headgear, which is incredibly durable and dependable, provides padded cheek protection to safeguard your face and keep you comfortable during rigorous training or competition.
- More defense without adding weight
- May obstruct a little vision
Best for Quality: MaxxMMA Boxing Headgear
Regardless of your budget, purchasing the MaxxMMA Boxing Headgear is a wise choice. All contact sports, including boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, and karate, benefit greatly from it. The ergonomic headgear allows for a greater range of motion in the ring or on the mat by enhancing vision and movement.
This headgear's excellent visibility is its most notable quality. For complete 360-degree coverage, it contains multi layers of thick, shock-absorbing closed-cell foam and inner foams that absorb shock on the cheeks, ears, forehead, chin, and back of the head.
- Enjoy protection with good visibility
- Light-weight build
- No nosebar for maximum protection
Best for Overall Protection: Elite Sports Boxing MMA Sparring Kickboxing Headgear
The pre-curved technology of the Elite Sports Boxing Headgear provides a natural fit for your head. With this incredibly light-weight headgear, you can move your head quickly and precisely. This headgear provides a great 180-degree view so you can see your opponent clearly and provide your best effort while remaining focused and avoiding distractions.
It is a multipurpose headgear that is ideal for boxing, Muay Thai, MMA, and kickboxing. For optimal stability and safety, it features three individualized adjustment options: a chin strap, a head cap, and a head height. This headgear's cozy open-top and mouth design aids in improved sweat management and breathing while keeping you at ease.
- Easy to fit
- Appropriate overall protection
- Lacks in durability
Best for Training: UFC Synthetic Leather Training Boxing Head Gear
The best choice for boxers and martial artists seeking premium, long-lasting, and protective headgear is the UFC Synthetic Leather Training Boxing Headgear. You can rely on this headgear to give you the performance and protection you need to succeed in boxing.
It is covered in premium engineered leather and layers of high-density impact-dispersing foam. Critical striking zones including the chin and cheeks are well-protected. The interior of the headgear has a comfortable, non-slip liner that prevents spinning during training and grappling.
This headgear's three impact-dispersing foam layers offer further defense against unintended blows. For the best visibility and peripheral vision, it is contoured. For a snug fit, it incorporates an adjustable hook and loop clasp.
- Classy design
- Cheek and chin protection
- Padding could have been more
Best for Nose Protection: RDX Removable Face Grill Boxing MMA Muay Thai Headgear
Another cheaper option out there is this RDX head guard. They have created a bar guard to protect your nose along with a resilient foam shock-absorbing gel leather to give you fantastic protection all round and great durability. If you are only going to be sparring every now and again this is definitely a cheaper option you can consider getting.
Elevate your training with the RDX HGR-T1 Boxing MMA Muay Thai Headgear. Crafted from top-tier Maya Hide leather, this headgear is your ultimate companion for boxing, MMA, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai sessions. It ensures unmatched durability and resistance to tears, providing supreme protection without limiting your range of motion, so you can perform at your peak.
Prepare for any challenge with confidence. The polygonal fusion foam and sweat-absorbing dazzle fabric lining offer robust protection and comfort. Its ingenious design absorbs heavy blows, preventing them from reaching your face. The headgear's Quick-EZ hook-and-loop closure ensures a secure fit that won't budge, giving you a comfortable and efficient training experience.
Do not hold back during takedowns – RDX has you covered. The removable lightweight polymer face grill safeguards your facial features without compromising your vision. Feel the confidence to train rigorously, thanks to the Sponge-X Padding and Compressed Polygonal Fusion Foam. These advanced features guarantee that your head is shielded, allowing you to focus on perfecting your defensive and offensive techniques.
When it comes to head protection, RDX stands above the rest. Unleash your potential with this headgear that combines unparalleled durability, precision engineering, and maximum comfort. Train relentlessly and fearlessly, knowing that the RDX HGR-T1 is your steadfast partner in pushing your limits and achieving greatness in the ring.
- EVA Padding
- Tri-Slab Foam
- Removable PVC Grill
- Full-face Coverage
- Chin Strap
- Does not completely cover the back of the head which is vulnerable.
- Some people might find the PVC grill uncomfortable
Best for Durability: Ringside Competition-Like Boxing Headgear with Cheeks
The Ringside Competition-Like Boxing Headgear has all the same features and benefits as the competition-approved version. The front, rear, and sides of the head are all completely protected by this strong and compact sparring helmet.
Real leather is used throughout the entire construction. The streamlined and light-weight construction gives off a natural vibe. For a custom fit, these headgears have a hook and loop back clasp and a fully adjustable lace-top. Also available is a sturdy chin strap with a clasp.
- Comfortable on the head
- Provides less protection
Best for Kids: Rex Kids Headgear for Boxing
The Rex Kids Headgear for Boxing is a great alternative if you're looking for durable headgear for your child that provides superb protection. Although it has several functions, this premium headgear is priced extremely affordably.
This headgear is soft, light-weight, and especially comfortable for children. It is simpler to clean because of features that are water and perspiration resistant. The synthetic PU leather assures longevity and top-notch performance. Its high-quality construction makes it resistant to scratches.
- Great for kids
- Very much affordable
- Not long-lasting
What to check for in a good boxing Headgear?
When it comes to determining the best material for boxing headgear, there’s very little debate on genuine leather being the best option and here’s why:
- Durability: Genuine leather is known for its exceptional durability, making it a reliable option for enduring the rigors of boxing training and sparring. It can withstand repeated impacts and remains resilient over time.
- Comfort and Fit: Leather tends to mold to the shape of the wearer’s head, offering a more personalized and comfortable fit with extended use. This ensures that the headgear stays securely in place during intense training sessions.
- Breathability: Leather has natural breathability properties, allowing air to circulate within the headgear. This helps in regulating temperature, reducing moisture buildup, and keeping the head cool and dry.
- Protection: Leather provides excellent protection against strikes and impact. It offers a good balance between firmness and flexibility, absorbing shocks effectively to minimize the risk of injuries.
That said, it’s important to note that high-quality synthetic leather (such as premium synthetic leathers like PU or synthetic blends) can also offer durability and performance comparable to genuine leather, while often being more affordable as this article focusses on some cheap boxing headgear options. Synthetic leather options can provide a balance between cost, durability, and functionality.
Breathability is often an overlooked feature of headgears that people don’t test for while making buying decisions. In the long run, a good fitting breathable headgear will make it feel like it is part of your face and allow you to focus on your opponent without worrying about that suffocating feeling around your face that come with badly designed headgear. Here are some tips you can use to pick the best breathable yet cheap boxing headgear:
- Ventilation Design: Look for headgear that incorporates strategic ventilation features. This can include perforations, mesh panels, or air vents strategically placed in key areas like the forehead, sides, and back of the headgear. These features promote airflow, allowing heat to escape and fresh air to circulate, keeping you cool during intense training sessions.
- Lightweight Materials: Opt for headgear made from lightweight materials that promote airflow. Lightweight options tend to be less restrictive and allow for better ventilation. Materials such as breathable synthetic fabrics or lightweight foams can provide a balance between protection and breathability.
- Open-Top Design: Consider headgear with an open-top design or an open-face style. These designs allow for better air circulation and heat dissipation, as well as provide a greater field of vision. Open-top headgear can be beneficial in keeping your head cooler during intense training sessions.
- Proper Fit: Ensure that the headgear fits snugly and securely without being overly tight. A proper fit prevents excessive sweating and discomfort that can hinder breathability. Avoid headgear that is too loose or too tight, as it can affect airflow and ventilation.
Control of moisture
In the headgear’s warm, damp areas, bacteria and germs grow, causing damage and an unpleasant odor. Therefore, moisture protection is a crucial feature to have in headgear. Here are some things to look for in a headgear with good moisture control:
- Moisture-Wicking Materials: Look for headgear constructed with moisture-wicking materials, such as specialized fabrics or linings. These materials actively pull moisture away from your skin, helping to keep you dry and comfortable during intense training sessions. Moisture-wicking properties are particularly important for preventing excessive sweating and reducing the risk of bacterial buildup and unpleasant odors.
- Breathable Construction: Choose headgear with a breathable construction that allows for air circulation. Look for designs that incorporate ventilation features, such as mesh panels or strategically placed perforations. These elements promote airflow and aid in moisture evaporation, ensuring a cool and dry feel while training.
- Quick-Drying Properties: Seek headgear that dries quickly after being exposed to sweat or moisture. This feature helps to maintain comfort throughout your training sessions and prevents prolonged dampness that can lead to discomfort and skin irritation. Quick-drying materials or moisture-wicking technologies facilitate efficient evaporation, keeping the headgear in optimal condition.
- Anti-Microbial Treatment: Consider headgear that incorporates anti-microbial treatments or features. These additions inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi, reducing the likelihood of unpleasant odors and maintaining hygienic conditions. Anti-microbial linings or treatments can be beneficial in keeping the headgear fresh and odor-free.
When wearing headgear, you must be able to see the incoming strikes coming at you. Here are some tips to consider while purchasing a headgear that will not obstruct your vision.
- Open-Face Design: Opt for headgear that features an open-face design, allowing for unobstructed vision. This design provides a wide field of view, enabling you to see your opponent’s movements and react quickly during sparring or training sessions. Open-face headgear typically offers superior vision compared to full-face options.
- Proper Placement and Size: Ensure that the eye openings of the headgear align correctly with your eyes. The headgear should sit securely on your head without obstructing your line of sight. Avoid headgear that is too large or too small, as it can impede your vision and compromise your ability to react swiftly.
- Adjustable Fit: Opt for headgear that offers adjustable straps or closures. This allows you to customize the fit to ensure that the headgear stays in place during training, without obstructing your vision. Adjustable closures also provide the flexibility to accommodate different head sizes and shapes.
The significance of a correct fit cannot be overstated, as it directly impacts your safety, performance, and overall training experience. A snug and secure fit ensures that the headgear stays in place during intense bouts, minimizing the risk of slipping or shifting. It provides vital stability, allowing you to maintain clear vision and unrestricted movement. Below I’ve noted some tests you can conduct while picking a headgear that is the best fit for you:
- Positioning: Put on the headgear and position it properly on your head. The headgear should cover your forehead, temples, and the sides of your head. The cheek protection should align with your cheekbones, and the chin strap should sit snugly under your chin.
- Secure Straps: Fasten all the straps securely. Adjust the hook-and-loop (Velcro) closures or buckle straps to achieve a snug fit without being too tight or restrictive. The straps should keep the headgear in place during movement and strikes without shifting or sliding.
- Stability Test: Shake your head gently from side to side and up and down. The headgear should remain stable and not slide or rotate excessively. A properly fitting headgear should stay securely in place, providing stability and minimizing the risk of vision obstruction or discomfort.
- Range of Motion: Perform various head movements, such as looking up, down, and side to side, as well as bending forward and backward. The headgear should not restrict your range of motion or cause discomfort. You should be able to move your head freely without feeling any pressure or limitations.
- Vision Check: Pay attention to your peripheral vision while wearing the headgear. Look around to ensure that the eye openings align correctly with your eyes and provide unobstructed vision. Your field of view should not be significantly restricted by the headgear, allowing you to maintain awareness of your surroundings.
- Comfort Assessment: Assess the overall comfort of the headgear. It should feel snug but not overly tight, and the padding should provide adequate cushioning without causing pressure points or discomfort. Check for any areas where the headgear may dig into your skin or cause irritation.
- Test during Movement: If possible, simulate movements similar to those performed during boxing or MMA training, such as shadowboxing or light sparring. This will give you a better sense of how the headgear performs during active training, ensuring that it stays in place and remains comfortable throughout.
Best Pick for Cheap Boxing Headgear
Sanabul Essential Boxing MMA Kickboxing Head Gear
Discover the ultimate headgear that checks all the boxes for protection, affordability, and style – the Sanabul Essential Headgear, our top pick! Don’t let unexpected shots catch you off guard, as this headgear excels in absorbing impacts while providing excellent vision. With added cheek and chin protection, it combines safety with a sleek and lightweight design that’s available in a variety of vibrant colors. Best of all, you’ll save a significant amount without compromising quality. Step into the ring with confidence, knowing that this headgear promotes quick reflexes and seamless movement. Upgrade to our top choice, the Sanabul Essential Headgear, and experience high-quality, fashionable, and affordable headgear at its finest
If you are looking for boxing Headgear that are of higher quality and you don’t mind investing a few dollars more, we’ve put together a detailed article on some of the best headgear on the market in this article below
If you are looking for headgears for MMA, please read our detailed review on some of the best
For BJJ headgear, read this post below.
Best BJJ headgear
The Full Face Headgear, also known as Face Savers, offers the greatest level of protection of any headgear, but a major drawback is that they greatly impair visibility. Professional boxers frequently use it because they protect the face and lessen the risk of acquiring a black eye.
The headgear worn by competitors in amateur and Olympic boxing is a cushioned helmet. It performs a good job of protecting against swelling, wounds, and scrapes, but not so much against concussions. It won’t shield the brain from the jolt brought on by a blow to the head.
Women still wear headgear in Olympic boxing, however since 2013 (and first adopted in the 2016 Olympics), men are not required to wear headgear while competing.
Discover knockout gifts for combat sports fans and enthusiasts on our Gifts Page, just in time for the holiday season and Amazon Prime Day. Get ready to surprise your favorite fighters with the perfect presents they’ll love! You can’t go wrong with any of these gifts, they are all unique and made for people who love combat sports!
Procurando comprar outros produtos de boxe, para boxe visite os seguintes melhores artigos da lista, melhor capacete de boxe, melhores luvas de boxe em geral, melhores luvas de boxe para competição, melhores sapatos de boxe e melhores shorts de boxe. Também temos ótimas críticas escritas por especialistas para entusiastas de MMA e Jiu-Jitsu, melhores luvas de MMA, melhor capacete de MMA, melhor capacete de Jiu-Jitsu, melhores acessórios de Jiu-Jitsu & melhor joelheira de Jiu-Jitsu.
Para aqueles que praticam esportes de combate para preparação física, aqui estão alguns produtos obrigatórios melhores sacos de pancadas independentes, melhores suplementos, melhores armas de artes marciais.
Para alguns de nós que amam bons produtos sem ter que gastar muito melhores luvas de boxe sob $100, melhores tênis de boxe sob $99, melhor capacete de boxe abaixo de $50, melhores sacos de boxe abaixo de $50.