Boxing is a demanding sport that calls for a lot of dedication, self-control, physical strength, and expertise. Your hands serve as your main weapons as you throw punches in the hopes that they will all connect with your opponent and cause them to submit. You must use boxing hand wraps underneath your boxing gloves to protect your hands.
However, not every hand wrap is made equal. When choosing a pair for yourself, there are several things to take into account, like elasticity, breathability, and comfort. In this article below we have listed the top ten boxing hand wraps after adequate research
Things to remember while choosing Boxing Hand wraps
1. Type of boxing hand wraps
Boxing wraps come in two varieties: conventional wraps, which resemble thick fabric ribbons, and glove wraps which are fingerless gloves with a lengthy band around them. The glove is then fitted perfectly and secured in place using the band. Traditional wraps may take longer to wear, but you can customize and adjust the tension and position of the wraps to fit your own requirements.
When choosing Boxing Handwraps, comfort is going to play a big role in how you feel while punching. So, Boxing wraps should fit snugly around your thumb and knuckles without impairing your ability to move your hands. Additionally, you should make sure the wraps can fit under your present pair of boxing gloves because they must be worn underneath. They can be thicker depending on the material being used to protect your knuckles. Make sure that the wrap and the glove should not rub against one another too much.
3. Wrist Support
This is another important thing to keep in mind before purchasing Handwraps. Experts advise while using conventional wraps, you go to a professional who can show you precisely how to wrap and keep your hands protected to prolong your career. Taylor Rae Almonte, a trainer at Rumble Boxing and co-founder of ACTIVism, says that wrist support is crucial for safety. She points out that just because a wrap costs more money doesn’t necessarily mean it will perform better. “You don’t have as much control, you can’t punch as hard, and you’re more prone to damage without sufficient support,” the instructor said.
Make sure the traditional wraps are long enough if you decide to use them. Most adults need styles that are at least 180 inches long. The longer the wrap the more you can do with them and the more likely you prevent injuries. Finding a shorter wrap when buying for a youngster is advisable as long wraps may add extra bulk to their hands and may not feel comfortable under their gloves.
Regardless of your wrapping technique, the 180-inch length of these boxing hand wraps guarantees that you can adequately cover your hands. The wraps are quite stretchable and retain shape for a long period of time.
These wraps are manufactured with premium polyester fabric, which guarantees exceptional ventilation to avoid perspiration and odor buildup
- There are numerous color options to choose from.
- High durability
- Adequate length (180″ wraps)
- Breathable material
- Takes less time to dry
- Adequate coverage
- Frequent washing may cause thinning of cloth
Due to the ideal combination of cotton and elastane materials, these boxing hand wraps are easy to wear and provide essential stability to your hands. These hand wraps have an extra-wide hook and loop closing mechanism that makes it simple and secure to fix them in place. These wraps are very simple to keep clean and are safe for both the washer and the dryer
- The elastic is quite tough and tolerate tension while you secure your hands
- Incredibly soft material
- Includes two warps each measuring 180 inches in length
- A thumb loop design to improve fit
- Reports of color draining during wash (wash separately)
These handwraps have an integrated thumb loop for added security, and their quick-release hook and loop closures make them easy to take off. The hand wraps are made from a remarkably breathable cotton material that keeps your hands cool and dry. These boxing hand wraps' superb 180-inch length and somewhat elasticized cotton material make it simple to completely encircle your hands and wrists. Additionally, the soft cotton material feels wonderful against your skin
- They can be machine washed
- They offer a variety of color options to match your style
- Made with soft cotton
- Integrated thumb loop for great safety
- Easy to maintain
- After a few days, the elastic starts yielding to stress
- Not comfortable for people with bigger hands
- It may shrink after wash
These gel padded hand wraps will be ideal for you if you have a punching bag at home or use it heavily at the gym. You may put these on and start punching without having to spend time perfecting your hand wraps for a tight fit. These wraps are very practical and are great value for money, they are designed to make your training easy. Due to their gel cushioning, they offer you amazing protection so you may even wear them for light bag work without gloves to practice your form (Warning: Do not use without gloves for heavy workouts)
- Gel cushioning offers great protection to hands
- Ideal for training
- Best for punching heavy bags
- Reports of stitching between fingers coming apart with use
These hand wraps are quite simple to use thanks to the thumb straps, and the cotton material is suitably thick to keep your hands well-protected from impact harm. These hand wraps have sufficient stretch so that you can easily wrap them in various ways without running out of material. Velcro fasteners guarantee a tight fit. You can select the pair that best suits your needs in two sizes: long for knuckle/wrist support and short for just knuckle support
- Two size options to cover knuckle + wrist or just knuckle support
- Offers great comfort and enhanced hand safety
- Better security with Velcro fastening
- Made of premium quality cotton
- Variety of color options
- Ideal for women & children (small hands)
- Not recommended for men with huge hands.
- Not ideal for heavy training or consistent use
Everlast is a well-known brand in the boxing community. They have offered premium quality handwraps for years. This cutting-edge wrap is a notch above its competitors. It is made of a polyester blend material and is 180 inches long for maximum protection and easy wrap around. Additionally, they feel clean to wear every time due to the anti-microbial coating that prevents bacterial development and odors
- It has an Anti-microbial coating and minimizes microbial growth
- Offers 180 inches length
- Great comfort and quality
- Velcro touches the cloth and sometimes causes it to tear
These wraps are strong and long-lasting, and they come with a two-year warranty. They're made of elastic and finished with a textured material to provide a stretchy, optimal fit that won't move around under your gloves. They come in a set of two and are available in 15 different colors.
- Comes with 2 years of warranty
- It has a simple Hook and Loop with sticky velcro strap closure
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Comes as pair of 180 inches each
- Wrinkles heavily after wash
- The material looks cheap
The Liberlupus professional hand wraps come in two lengths, 120 and 180in, and are ideal for wearing under boxing gloves to support your knuckles and wrist. They are made of soft, premium elastic material for a comfortable fit and to withstand normal wear and tear. They also have a thumb loop for better fit and convenience
- Ideal for professionals or beginners in boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and MMA
- Hook and Loop closure for better support and ease of use
- There is no indication to help identify the side of the velcro and this can cause annoyance
- Reports of foul odor after limited use
Original boxing wraps from Starpro are boxing bandages that are ideal for protecting and stabilizing your hands while boxing. They have a thumb loop to help you wrap the bandage quickly and easily. To provide a comfortable and adaptable fit, the wraps are made of stretchable elastic fabric that is a blend of nylon and polyester. They also have a Velcro closure to ensure a perfect fit
- These wraps don't cause skin irritation even after prolonged use
- Free of Dyes
- Available in several colors
- Highly durable
- Some users have found the thin material to be bothersome
Meister MMA adult hand wraps have a strong inner thumb loop for easy wrapping. The boxing hand wraps are made of premium, double-woven elastic cotton that is designed to last. This pair of hand wraps has a length of 180in each and is worn by athletes for hard-hitting sessions as it provides maximum padding for knuckle protection.
- Available in three colors
- Breathable material
- Easy to wear
- Durable Velcro closure
- Strong chemical smell when unboxed, needs a few washes.
- Hard to roll up after use