Learning boxing online? We know how ridiculous that sounds. But give us an opportunity to explain why some of these courses that we have reviewed in this post are widely used and valued by boxing patrons across the globe. Firstly, it gives you the opportunity to learn from some of the best coaches in the industry even while being oceans apart. Imagine if Freddie Roach starts an online course and you can learn the secrets of the trade from the man himself. Secondly, you can learn from the comfort of your home and pick the time of day and intensity of your workouts. If you love flexibility, online is the way to go. And finally, for the those of us that want to box for fun or for fitness. Online training is a game changer if you have the right discipline! Now that you see the benefits of online boxing courses, where do you begin? In this post, we have reviewed some the best online boxing courses available on the internet today. We’ve looked at several parameters to assess their effectiveness to help you with your decision making.
- Duration of course
- Knowledge of instructor
- Ease of learning
- Focus on techniques
- Reputation among students
- Access to material post training
Best Online Boxing Courses
The one thing that stands out about this course is its Style. The videos are impeccably shot with great attention to detail. The stronger series of courses are great for people that want to improve their fitness. The workouts are specific and you can see improvements if you stick to the program. There is also a fighter series of courses which helps you refine your techniques like footwork, punching, etc.
- Follow-Along videos with timer
- 24/7 access to content
- Specifically curated content for fitness and fighting
- Content updated frequently
- No live training sessions
BoxNBurn was co-founded by 2008 Olympic bronze medalist Tony Jeffries.
Their courses combine the fundamentals of functional fitness training and professional boxing instruction to create a special certification program that will broaden your knowledge base, improve your skill set, and boost your income as a fitness professional. They have designed different levels of courses based on your proficiency. If you are an aspiring fitness trainer for boxing, this is one of the best course there is. They also provide training material on promoting and establishing your fitness business
As a side note we would highly recommend Thinkifiq as a platform once you are ready to create your own courses and publish them
- You will have 24/7 access to digital content
- Get certified after course completion
- Exclusive access to Box N Burn academy online store to get special discounts on gloves, hand wraps, apparel, and more
- You will also get a Certified trainer account at boxnburnacademy.com
- Offering online sessions, live courses as well as private training
- Providing interaction and personal feedback from Olympians
- Focused on trainers and coaches only
This platform offers the best courses on boxing for beginners and experienced boxers. The beginner's Guide is designed for those who have just started boxing, and it includes explanations, photographs, videos, and connections to more extensive tutorials. With these online boxing lessons, you learn to throw your favorite punches, such as the jab, right cross, left hook, and uppercut. There is as much focus on defensive techniques as there is on punching techniques. This is a great start for anyone wanting to start their boxing journey. They know what they are doing and have been around since 2008!
- Provides free courses for beginners
- Get free access to boxing fundamentals study material
- With ExpertBoxing membership, get access to exclusive video tutorials and communicate with the community
- The content feels dated
Men and women of all ages can learn boxing and self-defense with the help of this simple, step-by-step course. This is one of the best online boxing classes if you want to learn how to box, get in the best shape of your life, lose weight, or build a lean, mean-fighting machine. Picking up this course is the best approach to learning boxing at home. More than a million people have viewed and benefited from Kerry Pharr's online boxing instructional videos over the past ten years. You can start this online boxing training without any equipment by simply standing in front of a mirror and performing punches and moves demonstrated in the online boxing course
- On demand video accessible 24/7
- Simple step-by-step guide
- Built for beginners
- Very short course
- Video quality is not great
This course offers free video boxing lessons on their website, which are divided into three levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. These courses will help you get started and learn basic techniques. This is for anyone that is looking to learn how to get started with boxing and it literally needs zero investment, other than your time and commitment. If you decide to sign up for their classes , they do offer semi-private and personal training options. You can interact live with their coaches during this session and monthly costs start from $197
Beginner-level online boxing lessons
- How to wrap your hands, Learning the boxing stance, Beginner jab, Straight cross, Uppercuts, Hook
Intermediate-level streaming boxing classes
- Body punches, How to shuffle, Learn to pivot, Head blocks, Body blocks, Weave and step, How to parry punches, How to fake punches, How to punch while moving, Intermediate shadowboxing, Boxing partner drills, Hitting a heavy bag
Advanced level best online boxing classes
- Stiff jab, Leaping hooks, Double crosses, Body hooks and uppercuts, Punching while slipping and weaving, Switching stances, Shuffle Uppercuts, Inside step turns, Advanced boxing combinations, Learn how to use the weave rope, Hitting the double-end bag, How to hit the speed bag
- The course is free!
- Includes personal guidance
- Can Improve your fitness by incorporating boxing into your regular workout
- Some videos don't go as much into the depth of perfecting some techniques
If you are looking to buy some training gloves to use during your online training, we have an expert reviewed list of boxing gloves here
If you feel you are competition ready and you just need the right pair of competition gloves, you can pick from the best gloves for competition reviewed here
Looking to buy other boxing products, for boxing visit the following best list articles best boxing headgear, best boxing gloves overall, best boxing gloves for competition, best boxing shoes and best boxing shorts. We also have some great reviews written by experts for MMA & BJJ enthusiasts as well, best MMA gloves, best MMA headgear, best BJJ headgear, best BJJ accessories & best BJJ knee brace.